Tuesday 27 September 2016

Southern Comforts: My balms, so far.

My thoughts on the body balms from Southern Comforts Fragrance.


The balms come in 2oz (60m) tins. Super convenient for future hoarding, which I know will be a thing in my life as I often catch myself trying to figure out ways of justify a couple more in my collection...
They are vegan and Leaping Bunny Approved.
Product base ingredients: Shea butter, mango butter, cocoa butter, avocado/coconut/sweet almond/grapeseed oil, soy wax, dimethicone, vegan isopropyl myristate, fragrance oil, phenonip (vegan preservative).
I currently own:
The night the lights went out:(rich dark citrus): Honey tangerine EO, lavender, dark vanilla, tonka.
Miss Leonie's lift: (herbal, citrus): bergamot, pink peppercorn, geranium, yuzu.
(Plus two more which aren't available anymore.)

The balms come is all the fragrances available in the shop (Master fragrance list).
The balms are lovely, the smell of soy (which had me worried in the beginning) does disappear after a couple of minutes of being applied to the body. They will not linger on the body for as long the fragrance oils but they do preform better than many other scented body butters/balms. I normally apply them after my evening bath and can still catch the smell on my skin the following morning.

When it comes to the moisturising levels it doesn't do the job for me on it's own as I have very dry skin. I apply another moisturizer before the body balm (you might not need this, my skin is dry to the point of it hurting). I mainly use these balms as a treat for my senses. The fragrance range offered by SoCo is amazing. I have never in my life been so excited about fragrance. It has become an event in my evening routine, something which I look forward to, I experiment by pairing them with the fragrance oils but they offer great fragrance adventures all on their own.

I strongly recommend you to have a look at this company if you want something special for yourself. SoCo has loads of fun limited edition releases through the year and is also part of a monthly collaboration with another lovely indie company: Comet Vomit, who makes nail polish. Together they put together themed boxes containing a limited edition fragrance and nail polish and they invite yet another indie company to contribute each month.

So yeah, fragrances. It's apparently a thing I love now and I look forward to the next time I can place big order of fragrance adventures!

Southern Comforts:
https://soco-fragrance.myshopify.com
Comet Comforts (monthly box):
http://cometcomforts.wixsite.com/cometcomforts

No comments:

Post a Comment