Tuesday 1 November 2016

In my stash: Dirty Hippie Cosmetics.

As many who follow me on Instagram might know, I'm a huge fan of everything Dirty Hippie Cosmetics makes.

I'm writing this post because I have started to hit pan on multiple products, feel confident in how to best use them and know how they preform. DHC has just launched their Christmas bundles which are great for anyone who has been eyeing them but might not be sure where to start. A perfect time to get into natural skincare and save a bit in the process.

Side note: This post is not sponsored, I just really love DHC and need for it to be a successful company so I can buy these things forever! So this is obviously for selfish reasons! All pictures are from DHC's Etsy page as my own products look a bit less pretty and fresh right now.

Shop link: Click here.


Coconut Sunscreen Balm with or without Natural Bug Repellent Blend (Preservative, Irritant and Toxin Free) 10g/75g/85g

Ingredients: Certified Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, Shea Liquid, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Non-micronised Zinc Oxide, Candelilla Wax, Carnauba Wax, Carrot Seed, Raspberry Seed and Wheatgerm Oils, Natural Vitamin E, Essential Oils.

This sunscreen is a must! Smells great and is now offered with bug repellent which I will grab...! I bought the large one and I just made it through 2/3 after 6 months of use. Normally I would go through a pot of 50g in a month but this, as many other products from DHC lasts forever! A little goes a long way.
Luxury Facial Cleansing Bar.
Ingredients: Water, Lye, Coconut Oil, Mango Butter, Cocoa Butter, Apricot Kernel Oil, Shea Oil, Castor Oil, Avocado Oil, French Clay. 100g bar of soap.

Never leaves my skin dry or feeling tight. Leaves the skin clean and balanced. This is a very mild soap which won't get any make-up off, only be gentle to your skin. 

Raw Face Feed
Ingredients: Certified organic Apricot Kernel oil (Infused with Willowbark, Calendula, Bamboo & Plantain.), Rose Hip, Evening Primrose, Avocado, Hempseed and Tamanu Oils. 45ml.

Hands down my favorite product from DHC and my addiction. I have been using the same bottle since May... I bought two backups the same month I got my first one out of fear of running low as I was so happy with how my skin was behaving with this. I'm close to finishing it now though! This has helped my skin so much. I had bad cystic acne on my face at the beginning of the year... That's when I completely changed my skincare to natural products. Now I only get a tiny bump every now and then! Also helps with my redness. Mainly used as an overnight treatment.

Organic Vegan Moisturisers 45g.
I have three of these: Hemp Seed & Red Raspberry primer (which you know if you ever look at any of my make-up posts on Instagram as I ALWAYS use it), Age Defying Blueberry Bliss and Nourishing Sweet Rose. I love them all.
A little goes a very long way, they absorb to the skin beautifully and give you that slight tingle which high end moisturisers do. The fragrance, which is naturally occurring, isn't overwhelming. It's just a very pleasant clean smell, a smell which quickly becomes associated with clean and fresh skin. Even a hit with my bearded partner.
I didn't list the ingredients here as there's three different creams, all listed on the Etsy page.

Hemp Lip and Body Balm
Ingredients: Organic Apricot Kernel Oil, Candelilla Wax, Carnauba Wax, Hemp Seed Oil, Avocado Oil, Naturally Extracted Vitamin E. 14g.

Another gem. I use this balm daily, it's another product where a little goes a long way and yet another I bought a back up of too soon! I have very dry skin and I also use this on my skin when I have shaved. It makes my legs feel magical, soft like you can't imagine. It's really an all over balm. So don't limit yourself when using this. Smells of avocado oil which might bother some but it doesn't linger, once absorbed it disappears. 

Clay Face Masks 40g.


I've tried all except for the Acne busting ocean minerals one.

They are all great and I use them depending on what I want to tackle. The camomile one is my favorite, it smells amazing. Perfectly soothing and offers a great little aromatherapy session. One thing all of these have in common is that they leave your skin feeling supple and nourished. The blueberry one is great for exfoliating, its the roughest one but it won't hurt your skin. The rose one is probably the most hydrating. I do masks at least once per week and one jar/refill (check options when you buy) lasts for 4-6 uses. I alternate between mixing them with oil and water so uses do vary as I feel like I need more product with oil. For ingredients please check the Etsy shop.


Luxury Body Bars (Acne Busting Ocean Minerals, Nourishing Sweet Rose and Age Defying Blueberry Bliss) 120g

I have personally only used the Nourishing Sweet Rose bar.

I do not like rose fragrances, at all. It's the one thing I make sure to avoid, despite this I chose the rose bar... I surprise myself sometimes. But luckily this bar doesn't reek of roses. It's pleasant! So pleasant that I thought at one point that I was cured and went to sniff on a rose body lotion in a store only to almost die! Haha! I think my childhood Turkish delight addiction has scarred me... Again a product which lasts a long time, preforms well, is actual soap (not all soaps are real soaps, Google will tell you more). Bath junkie approved!

Natural Probiotic Deodorant (Aluminium and Toxin Free) 75g/95g/145g


Ingredients: Certified Organic Cocoa and Shea Butters, Kaolin Clay, Bicarbonate Soda or Magnesium Sulphate, Arrowroot Powder, Virgin Coconut Oil, Carnauba Wax, Live Bacteria, Tea Tree extract, Natural Vitamin E, Essential Oils.


I struggled with itchy armpits from day one of ever shaving them. It's funny how little we bother looking into what we put on our body. I did not know until about 5 years ago that it was the aluminium in deodorants which made me itch! Since then I've been through all sorts of different deodorants, mainly from Lush as I really liked their deodorant bar. This one has however lasted (again) for ages and I love the formulation! I bought the largest tin as it takes quite some time for me to get my orders to this part of the world. I have just now gotten close to half the container. It applies great, smells great but will of course not last 24h but will last from morning to evening. Nothing funky about this one, I apply it by scooping up some with the top of my nail. Keep in mind that this is a deodorant not antiperspirant! 

Tea-Tree Blemish Treatment
Balm Ingredients: Certified Organic Apricot Seed Oil (infused with White Willow Bark, Plantain, Bamboo and Calendula), Shea Butter, Olive Wax, Vegetable Glycerin, Tea Tree Extracts, Tamanu Oil, Naturally extracted Vitamin E.

A neat balm I use when my face is a bit irritated.
I leave it on for a couple of hours then do my usual night time routine. So far it seems to do the trick on funny bumps and sore areas. There is also a tonic version of this which I have not tried.


Detoxifying Mineral Bath Soaks (Calming Calendula and Toning Rose) 125g

These are so pretty in the bath! But unfortunately I can't be clogging the drains every week... Haha! I put them in tea strainers to avoid a mess. Makes the bathroom smell lovely and makes you feel like a super pampered woodland spirit! These are bath treats which is my absolute favorite time of the day.



Raw Cacao BB Cream Foundation (Toxin Free SPF 20+) 4g/22g 


Ingredients: Certified Organic Shea Liquid, Hemp Seed Oil, Mango and Olive Butters, Carnauba Wax, Sericite Mica, Raw Cacao Powder (Theobromine), Zinc Oxide Powder (Non-micronised), Argiletz Clays, Naturally extracted Vitamin E.

This is such a perfect product for those who can't quite be bothered with make-up but still don't want to look like they rolled out of a coffin and want to keep the fussing to a minimum with sunscreen. A win all round. I have dry skin with an oily T-zone. This little tin has been great, gives about 10-15 % coverage which is enough for me to get the redness under control and to help a bit with my dark circles without looking like I have anything else but moisturizer on. It does set into lines after a while but it doesn't dry or get patchy, you just need to tap it back into place. Perfect for lazy days or sudden errands, which is when I mainly use this. Sample size available.

Mineral Cream Concealer (Moonlit, Sunkissed and Goddess) 10g

Ingredients: Certified Organic fractionated Coconut oil, Jojoba Esters, Olive derived Silicone and Wax, Sericite Mica, Non-Micronised Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides, Naturally derived Vitamin E. 

Hydrating, low to medium coverage, allows the skin to breath and easy to work with. I love this. I hate the dry formulas and this one looks like skin. I think that's the best part about Danni's creations, they're made to enhance and nourish your skin, not cover.




Raw Cacao Foundation Powder
Ingredients: Organic Arrowroot Powder, GMO-Free Corn Starch, Sericite Mica, Raw Cacao Powder (Theobromine), Argiletz Clays, Jojoba Esters, Naturally extracted Vitamin E.  15g.

A fine powder. Does everything it's meant to do with minimal coverage. Also! Customization is available.


Bronzed-Rose Contouring Powder

Powder Ingredients: Organic Apricot Seed Oil, Arrowroot Powder, Naturally Extracted Vitamin E, Argiletz Clays, Organic Rose Powder, Mica. 6g.

This was sent to me as a surprise a while back and I use it a lot! The shade is lovely and buildable. More on the peachy/rose side than orange which is perfect even as a blush. It also comes in a balm but I haven't tried it.



Mineral Eyeshadows 5g.

These are an investment. You get so much product! They're all gorgeous my favorites are Blue Sky, Ever Green, Antique Silver and Carbon. Plus all the others... I have them all. And it's not a problem.



Coconut Highlighting Powder


Ingredients: Certified Organic Arrowroot Powder, Argiletz Clays, Natural Vitamin E, Organic Apricot Kernel Oil (Infused with fresh Calendula Flowers), Virgin Coconut Oil, Mica. 6g.

My go-to everyday highlighter which I use as a setting powder if I want to feel extra magical. I've written about it multiple times and I will never stop. Also available as a balm.


Mineral Lipstick

Lipstick Ingredients: Certified Organic Castor Oil, Cocoa and Mango Butters, Non-Micronised Zinc Oxide Powder, Candelilla and Carnauba waxes, Jojoba Esters, Avocado Oil, Olive derived Silicone, Naturally Extracted Vitamin E, Micas. 10g.

Another little goodie I was sent as an extra. I got the shade Terra Firma which is a beautiful reddish brown. Can be used as a light stain and is buildable, very easy to achieve the color seen in the pot. It's balanced between being moisturising and matte. Like the lipsticks were back in the day kind of thing which I like as they will stay on for a while. Can also be used as a blush and there is also a mattifying powder available (just saw that).

This concludes my sort of mini-review of my current Dirty Hippie Cosmetics Stash. I've already been eyeing the shampoo bars and the laundry items!
Go give DHC a follow on Instagram to keep up with deals and new releases! 
Feel free to drop me any questions, I'll do what I can to help.
DHC is otherwise really fast at replying just keep in mind that it's an Australian shop so there is a time difference if you're not.
Shop link: Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment