Tuesday 13 December 2016

First impressions/mini review: Twisted Wonderland Perfumery.

I placed my order to Twisted Wonderland Perfumery during her Halloween clear out to try a few bits I had been eyeing. 


As I have a new found love for fragrances I really wanted to try a few samples, the samples are 1 ml which is a good size to get a good feel about the fragrances. Only available in a set of 5 which comes in a cute decorative box as seen above. I chose the following:

What's In The Hookah: Cherry wood, raspberry, caramel pipe tobacco and vanilla bourbon.
Curiouser & Curiouser: White zinfandel wine, white musk, muguet blossoms and bergamot. 
Eat Me, Drink Me: Wild black cherry juice, vanilla waffle pastry and maraschino cherries.
Keep Your Temper (OIL ONLY): Eucalyptus, herbal lavender, spearmint and marshmallow.
Merry Unbirthday: Cake, Lemon Tart Frosting and Raspberries.

Ingredients:  
Perfume Oil: Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Fractionated Coconut Oil), Fragrance, Essential Oils

I chose a mix of what I like, sweet, boozy, musky and fresh. My least favorite was Merry Unbirthday, it was a bit too soft for my liking which I kind of was expecting but I can't resist cake fragrances. It's still a lovely fragrance but I like more character. I did however absolutely love the other four! They're special in their own way and I'll probably be getting them again in some format as they can be made into soaps as well.



The soaps! Excuse the bad quality of the picture... I accidentally deleted the good ones and the bars have been used A LOT! So they're way less photogenic than a blurry picture right now.

Basic Witch: (Halloween Limited Edition) Pumpkin milkshake, Sugar cookies and pumpkin buttercream. 
The King Of Horror: Satsuma ginger-ale with a drop of blackberry syrup mixed in. 

Ingredients: Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Oil, Glycerin, Avena Sativa (Oat) Protein, Purified Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Sorbitol, Sorbitan Oleate, Titanium Dioxide, Mica Coloring, Fragrance.

These bars are gorgeous and all vegan! I always use a loofa and they foam up so nicely, almost cream like. The fragrances are pleasant and the King Of Horror bar has a bit of shimmers in it which makes me excited as all sparkles do! I have had the problem of using it in a way to minimize the damage on the splatter feature... They're a good size, I think these were 4 oz (120ish grams) which is what most artisan bars are. Prices range from $3 up to $7 with sizes 4oz - 8oz and your choice of fragrance.


Lip balms!

Ingredients: Coconut Oil, Beeswax, Organic Shea Butter, Organic Cocoa Butter, Tocopherol (Vitamin E Oil), Flavoring, Sweetener. (Some Also Contain Lip-Safe Mica Coloring

These lip balms were such a pleasant surprise! I was honestly not expecting anything special, I was just feeding my balm addiction... But they're so nice! Very pleasant to wear, smell amazing and keep the lips nice and soft for a long time.
I chose the flavors: 
Red Currant Merlot (light purple tint) and Pomegranate Margarita (which I have already misplaced). They come in  .15oz tubes and there are matching lip scrubs in most flavors available. They're unfortunately not vegan and is the only product in the store which isn't.

I'm happy with everything I bought. Everything comes in quality packaging, well made and wraped nicely with a few sweets thrown in for extra joy! There's always new things popping up in the store and flash sales on Instagram (@twistedwonderlandperfumery). I feel good about this little brand and aim to try a few more things in the new year... Absolutely getting "Keep your Temper" in full size! To visit the store clickhere and have a look at the fragrance list, there's plenty to like.

Let me know if you've tried any of her products and what you think! ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment