Monday 26 March 2018

Travel skincare.



Travelling always makes me break out and gets my skin completely out of balance which makes packing a couple of things difficult. I get an extra greasy t-zone, itchy dry cheeks and chin, small irritated bumps...

It felt like a bit of a gamble making these choices as I've never used these consistently before. But seeing as I just had my period last week I felt safer about my skin not being hormonal.

For cleanser I went with Skin Laundry Skin Purifying Cream Cleanser to use with a hot cloth, this has been such a nice cleanser that I use morning and night. Does leave my skin a tiny bit dry but no weird residue on the face, perfect for absorbing the following layers.

Brought the last bit of my Pixi Glow Tonic I had in a 100ml bottle, which I've been loving and has been helping fade my pigmentation scars.

My serum of choice this trip was Skin Laundry Restoring Night Serum, again, something that has been working very well as my base layer. Feels very sticky and hydrating.

For moisturizer I have been using my new gem Calm Skin Hydrating 2 in 1 Serum & Moisturiser from Superdrug, it is soooo nice! I'm so pleased with this and can't believe how inexpensive it is, also vegan. Sinks in beautifully and doesn't react badly to my other layers.

And finally for my eye cream I went with my ridiculous Lucia Magnani Rejuvenating Eye Cream... I still don't know if it does anything more than my cheap £5 eye cream but it does feel very nice applying on the skin, like a balm and I really like that. I've also come to the conclusion that I would be totally OK spending a bit more on my eye cream from now on. Will absolutely never be over £50 I spend and buying this one is completely out of the question! But eye creams do last such a long time and again, I have no idea what it does other than make me feel a bit fancy for now.

Everything has been working well together, I'm not breaking out and I've been using make-up daily for over 10h a day. Always a bit of a pain not having your usual selection available for a daily tweak but it has been alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment