Saturday 23 June 2018

Empties: Spring 2018.


This post always sneaks up on me as I suddenly can't close my "empties box" anymore... So here we go again! Hope you enjoy some of my trash.



By: Essence
What is it: Make-up Fixing Spray.
Will I repurchase: No.
Why: I don't mind it for my makeup playtime but I don't think this does anything, I'd rather buy a quality product I can use daily.
By: Dr. Hauschka.
What is it: Two Facial Toners and a Soothing Cleansing Milk.
Will I repurchase: No.
Why: I hated the Cleansing Milk, didn't like the result and smelled too much of alcohol. As for the toners, I've had better.
By: Sand & Sky
What is it: Detoxifying + Brightening Clay Mask.
Will I repurchase: Fuck no.
Why: This shit hurt my face so bad. There's a warning on the product which should have been enough for me to not use it at all. Not for me. First time in my life I've had a reaction.
By: Pixi
What is it: Glycolic Acid Toner.
Will I repurchase: Yes.
Why: I feel like it does something to my skin, I only use it at night and my skin has absolutely become more glowing since I started incorporating this into my routine.
By: Pixi
What is it: Glow Booster/Primer.
Will I repurchase: No.
Why: I didn't mind it, it's beautiful on its own and mixed into things but I have other "glow" products I prefer right now.
By: Skin Laundry.
What is it: Antioxidant, Vitamin, Peptide Night Serum.
Will I repurchase: Yes.
Why: I wasn't expecting anything from this to be honest but I really enjoyed it because it felt like it was doing something. Definitely helped with my redness overnight.
By: Yes To Cotton.
What is it: Micellar Cleansing Water.
Will I repurchase: No.
Why: I've used better and cheaper. I like the idea of the pump but I also don't care.
By: This Works.
What is it: Deep Sleep Pillow Spray.
Will I repurchase: No.
Why: I did get a second one already which I'm using. I sleep like shit, I wake up at least 10 times a night and I try anything that's not classified as a drug to help me relax. While I did enjoy the aromatherapy aspect of this, I don't believe it did much as it fades too fast.
By: Pixi
What is it: Minty/Plumping Lip Gloss.
Will I repurchase: No.
Why: While I absolutely loved this product and feel like I've found something good I feel like I need to break it off now before I get stuck. I love lip products and have too many things to try before committing!
By: Barry M.
What is it: Waterproof Eyeliner.
Will I repurchase: No.
Why: This worked fine for about a week and a half then it just lost pigment, it didn't dry our at all, just no pigment.
By: The Organic Pharmacy.
What is it: Vitamin C and Papaya Mask.
Will I repurchase: No.
Why: I did like this a lot, it did gently exfoliate and give results but I have tried better. Pleasant smell as well which is always a bonus as you gotta keep it on your face for a while.
By: Dirty Hippie Cosmetics
What is it: Hemp Lip Balm
Will I repurchase: Yes.
Why: This is my everything balm. It is so damn good to keep around at all times. I was having a lot of dry skin last year and this helped me through it. Lovely texture which feels nurturing and moisturising.
By: Colour Pop Cosmetics.
What is it: Lippie Stix.
Will I repurchase: No.
Why: I didn't finish these, I absolutely hated these shades on me. They made me look old, which I've never experienced before and since... Shades were Brink and Goal Digger.
By: Notoriously Morbid Cosmetics.
What is it: Metallic Liquid Lipstick (sample).
Will I repurchase: No.
Why: I loved this formula, the shade was Ethereal and was so flattering. I'd absolutely recommend it but I will personally not buy it again as it's not vegan.
By: Spectral Spirits.
What is it: Shimmering Body Dusting Powder.
Will I repurchase: Yes.
Why: I love this. Nirvana is my favorite fragrance and I used this as a part of my nighttime routine during the summer on my body. It's so pretty and fine. Just a good pampering treat.
By: Dirty Hippie Cosmetics.
What is it: Finishing Powder with SPF.
Will I repurchase: No.
Why: I don't really use powder. This was a nice powder when I used it but I just didn't reach for it. As someone with dry skin I rather keep my glow through the day instead of mattifying it.
By: Baby Bat Beauty.
What is it: Gel Liner.
Will I repurchase: No.
Why: While this was a great liner for the time I could use it I think I personally prefer a liquid liner. The container is also not the best, it doesn't close tightly but I don't know if that was just for me... Haven't asked the company.
By: Dirty Hippie Cosmetics.
What is it: Mineral Eyeshadows.
Will I repurchase: Yes.
Why: These lasted me FOREVER! It's 5g of product in each and I'm surprised I even managed to get through these as e rate I did. Both fool proof and awesome to use with mixing mediums as I would for some kickass eyeliners.
By: Dirty Hippie Cosmetics.
What is it: Mineral Lipstick.
Will I repurchase: No.
Why: I did really enjoy this while I was using it but then it kind of became a forgotten item at the back of my collection. It's really pigmented.
By: Super Drug Calm Skin.
What is it: Hydrating serum & moisturiser.
Will I repurchase: Yes.
Why: I love this. It's probably not the most amazing thing out on the market but I really enjoy how it feels as a finisher to my skincare routine at night. It plays nice with my other products so I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment