Monday 21 January 2019

In my stash: Favorite lip balms.

Oh well hello there! I've been ridiculously overwhelmed with life lately and everything had to be put on hold for a week or two, sorry for that but I'm back to my normal self now... Feels like its been a long year already...

Anyhow!


Lip balms!
Ah, so much money that has vanished over the years when they go "poof". I have never been much for really caring about ingredients and benefits of my lip balms until I started going cruelty free and educating myself about what does what.

There's a crazy amount of bad products out on the market, I can't even begin to tell you how many balms ended it drying out my lips or even disappeared off my lips in no time... Also, as I was writing this post I realized that most of the balms I feature here had been sent to me or GWP but these are my opinions and nothing has been filtered... I've basically only wasted money in the past year seeing as I have started " investing" in quality but only one that I bought myself (out of the countless) are here...

But that's not what this post is about.
This post is about my favorites!
I've become quite the addict and I use different typed of lip balms for different reasons, so if you, like me, are a self proclaimed lip balm connoisseur then keep reading and also dropped me your recommendations!



 F.A.I.R. Beauty Cosmetics.
Peanut Butter Cup and Candy Corn Lip Balm ($ 3 each).

I love these balms as a night time balm, they stay on through the night and don't "evaporate". Colourless and don't melt in your average summer temperatures which I've had a lot of unfortunate accidents with other balms leaking in my bags or pockets... Not a nice thing... The fragrance is quite strong but I don't mind it as it kind of  makes me love them more as they trigger childhood memories.



 FRUU
Colour Balm in Mulberry (£ 5).

One of those perfect tinted lip balms. I got this one in a subscription box many months ago and I keep reaching for it. It's not a very hydrating balm but the colour does stay on for a while and doesn't have a fragrance.



Bybi
Plumper Lip Balm (£ 9).

I won this! And it was lost for a few months due to us moving, that's why it looks a bit rough. But this is what I use to prep my lips before applying a matte liquid lipstick. Works well and doesn't feel like your lips are on fire or you're being attacked by a swarm of bees. Its a light tingle and it does what it's supposed to. If only more products did what they claim...


Linda Hallberg Cosmetics
Fantastick in Ametrine ($ 23).

I actually bought this one! I'm about halfway through it and I will absolutely pick up more when I got to Sweden next month! It has a very pleasant texture, not thick, not sticky, not too slippery, it's just right in my opinion. Oh, and it has SPF. It is so damn difficult finding a good quality SPF lip balm that feels nice... The tint isn't crazy, it is just a nice way to perk up a dull face.


Espionage Beauty / Espionage Cosmetics
Lip Blush Tints in Bubble Dragon and Barrel Blast ($ 6 each).

These were kindly sent to me in PR. These are surprisingly pigmented once you get through the top layer which mine seemed to have as the first few times I used it I didn't get much colour. They smell like candy and bubblegum which is something that makes me happy. I didn't think I'd get as much use out of these as I have, they're just so damn convenient to keep in my "on the go" palette.


Dr. Paw Paw
Multipurpose Balm (£ 3.95)

A GWP I received ages ago but didn't touch until a couple of months ago when I had some random dry spots on my hands. I love this balm. It's my bedtime main. I wake up with nice lips which is a lot to ask here as I tend to get really dehydrated through the night.


But that's it for now.
A few of these are running low and I'm trying to not buy anything unless I have to this year. I do have high hopes seeing as I have found some wonderful products over the last two years that I will stick to. Hope this helps someone out there and don't forger to leave me tour recommendations!

All the balms above are cruelty free and vegan.

1 comment:

  1. I have used many different flavored lip balms but always like mint flavor balms for my pink lips. Recently I purchased affordable lip balms in Connecticut my favorite flavor mint that's the reason I bought this in bulk quantity.

    ReplyDelete