Monday 23 January 2017

Look: Current everyday face, mini tutorial.

I have been meaning to write this post for a while but I get carried away doing my make-up and forget to take pictures of the changes... But today I remembered! Yay!
This is my 5 minute face and what I'll be seen wearing 90% of the time with some minor changes to my glow as I'm a highlighter junkie.

My current skincare routine can be found in the previous blog post.
Links to companies mentioned at the end.

The base:

Mugshot.
My base: I always prep my face with Dirty Hippie Cosmetics (DHC) Hemp Seed and Red Raspberry Primer and a lip balm of any sort which I wipe off just before applying any lipstick.

Glow: I don't like having a matte face... I start my make-up by using my fingers to dab on Kryolan highlighter in Cashmere all over my cheek bones, down the bridge of my nose, above my brows, brow bone and Cupid's bow.

Finishing the glow: After the base highlighter I mix equal parts of DHC mineral powder in Sunkissed with DHC Coconut Highlighter Powder. I apply it with a small powder brush and once that's done I go in with a little more of the Coconut Highlighter with a highlighter brush on my cheek bones and under my brows.

Eyes: I have oily lids so I have to use a primer. Once primed I go in with Riveting from Espionage Cosmetics on a small fluffy brush, mainly applying it to my lash line and blending it up towards the socket. I use a eyeliner brush with some black eyeshadow, DHC mineral shadow in Carbon today, starting from the outer corners for a nice fade inwards. Once done I use whatever is left under my eyes as close as possible to the lash line. I use the same shadow for my brows, I always wipe the brush off before going in though as I only want to create a shadow, not define.

Lashes and more glow: I curl my lashes and apply waterproof mascara. Then I go in with more glow... On my cheeks I use Amalgam Scent Company's limited edition highlighter in Muchness. And finally went in with F.A.I.R. Beauty Cosmetic's Limited edition highlighter in Halloween Delight on my high points and inner corners.

The end: Finishing my face by dabbing on DHC mineral lipstick in Terra Firma on my lips.


Featured companies:
Dirty Hippie Cosmetics
Espionage Cosmetics
Amalgam Scent Company
Kryolan
F.A.I.R. Beauty Cosmetics


All products featured have been bought with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment