Saturday 1 April 2017

Haul: Trying some new basics.


I've been in desperate need for a new deodorant since my husband started using my natural aluminum free one from Dirty Hippie Cosmetics, which lasted me for 8 whole months (big tin).
I didn't order it again as I'm curious to see what's out there, I love my previous one and will absolutely repurchase it at a later time but for now I'm looking around as the selection of aluminium free deodorants has increased, finally.

My pits have been free from baddies for 3-4 years.
I always struggled with in grown hairs, itchy and dry pits.
Then I began my clean beauty journey and dove into the not so impressive selection of "good deodorants".

Long story short: my pits have been happy since I switched to natural/aluminum and alcohol free pit products.

Now you know a bit more about my pits than you thought you would at the start of this ey? Not sorry, if I can help one poor itchy soul then my work is done.

Haul time!
(Finally!!!)

Let's do the pit stuff first.
I got Green People Natural Deodorant in the scent Aloe Vera and Jason Unscented Naturally Fresh for Men... I got a bunch for the husband as he's a bit picky and this one I'll probably keep to myself as it was the only unscented deo in the online store and I hate the idea of my pits smelling more than my perfume.



My previous mascara is turning 6 months so I had to get a new one. I really liked my previous one (Autograph Aqua Proof by Mark's and Spencer) but now that Stila has been acquired by a new parent company and is officially cruelty free I just had to try at least one product this order. I've always been a fan of the simplicity in beauty that Stila has promoted, for years! I remember seeing this brand for the first time in my early teens watching the E! Channel and they were showing the then amazing click lip glosses! I'm happy to see a company going cruelty free... The opposite is far too common...

Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Volumizing Mascara.



And finally my Pixi Glow kit!
I mainly ordered this for the Glow Booster as I was running low on a glowy base. I'm however really happy with this kit. It will definitely be used daily and I like the size of the products. It's just the right amount of each thing. I hate when kits have too much and too little... I'm picky about kits. This one hit my Goldilocks spot.

The Hello Glow Kit by Pixi.

Love this type of applicators!!! For me it absolutely has to be this type or the brush tip... I'm hopeless with any other applicators... Absolutely hopeless.
Swatches, forgot the Glow Booster primer...


That's all for now.
Make sure to follow me on Instagram @cynthiaiskillikill as I'll no doubt be using these goodies be soon.

2 comments:

  1. Now I'm wanting that Pixi Glow Kit....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! To be honest I don't think you'd need it. The plumping gloss doesn't do much and there are so many similar blushes out there. I was however pleasantly surprised by the primer but mine was broken... The little stopper keeps coming off so I keep making a mess.

      Delete