Thursday 18 January 2018

Review: Colovaria Palette by Espionage Cosmetics.

First things first, yes I'm an ambassador for this brand but I did buy this with my own money and these are my unfiltered opinions. Shop small and support good people!

There! 🙌

So I finally made it back into my regular make-up playing and it feels so good!
I have so much to catch up on and share guyz!

Today's post is obviously about one of the new palettes from Espionage Cosmetics, who last year discontinued their whole line of make-up and started their revamp!
As much as I was heartbroken to see the loose shadows go, many of which are my favorites, it was the perfect time for Jaimie, Glitter Jedi aka Boss aka the nerd make-up wiz, to bring out the new and fresh line.

I pre-ordered the Colovaria palette when it was announced and everything about it has been great.
Colours are great, not crazy pigmented which makes this palette a perfect everyday addition but easy to build up. As per usual you'll get the best payoff using primer.

Colovaria Palette, shades L2R: Alohamora, Obliviate, Ferum and Lacarnum Inflamari.
This palette is nice and small, easy to travel with and you can absolutely do looks just using this one on it's own (looks only using this can be found on my Instagram @cynthiaiskillikill). It's easy to blend and the only one with glitter is Obliviate, all others are shimmery metallics.
I'm always excited to see palettes which serve as an addition to a base collection, especially now as there is what feels like a vast ocean of nude, neutral and matte palettes.
I'd happily use this one paired with my KvD Shade + Light palette and be done, which is what I've basically done since I got this. The only thing that I'm not a big fan of, which won't be an issue for everyone, is the brush holding part. I feel like that's a thing of the past, I like the brush itself as it's perfect for these shadows but I feel it makes it clunky. The mirror in this palette is a glass mirror and it's great. The overall packaging is awesome, it has a wonderful nerdy outside and most importantly, which a lot of brands seem to miss, IT'S EASY TO CLEAN!!! I absolutely HATE the cardboard palettes, they just get so grubby and peel and just ugh... I have a handful of them but I avoid them as I prefer single shadows.

In direct sun.

In she shade.
Shadows swatched over Notoriously Morbid Shadow Bind Glitter Adhesive and outlined with Baby Bat Beauty Liquid Lipstick in Raven.

All in all great.
I'm also really looking forward to the coming additions from Espionage Cosmetics!!! Make sure to follow them on all social media for updates, sales and just awesome nerdy stuff.
Next they'll be coming out with single shadows cartridges!!!
They look just like GameBoy cartridges and I'm so in love!!!
Anyhow...

Good stuff.

Take care and see you around!

No comments:

Post a Comment