Saturday 29 July 2017

Haul/Review: Lethal Cosmetics.

Lethal Cosmetics:

What we are all about

Lethal Cosmetics is an independent, PETA-certified vegan and cruelty-free makeup brand from Berlin, Germany. We formulate, produce and distribute professional-quality color cosmetics for an alternative audience of ethical makeup-addicts. Founded in 2016, our initial product offering includes our signature CHIMERA™ long-lasting liquid lipsticks in six deviant metallic and matte shades as well as our lineup of ultra-pigmented pressed eyeshadows. Our products are available in the EU, UK and Switzerland through lethalcosmetics.com and soon in other countries via our own- and our partner stores.
US shipping coming August.
*taken from their site.
Been wanting to try this brand for a while and their new matte collection really spoke to me.
 The whole order came very well packed, everything arrived safely even though my parcel went from Germany to Sussex and then to me here in Livingstone, Zambia. It came in a well sized box which I really appreciate as I have to pay for my parcels based on weight.

Shadows left to right:
Remedy, Release, Remission and Relapse.
The one down side about the packaging is the shadows.
I broke/cracked two of my shadows (Remedy and Remission) pulling them off the glue blob they are attached to. After the second shadow I got a hang of it and realized that twisting them off is the best way... I do wish the glue wasn't part of the packaging.

As for the performance of the shadows:
I highly recommend using eyeshadow primer for these and soft brushes. They're all very powdery and preform best patted on to the eye rather then swept on.

To my surprise I love Remission as a shadow and blush, it stays on very well and is easy to build up no matter the base you're using. I wasn't impressed by the swatches and didn't care for it at all until I tried it.

Remedy is a very pigmented shadow, looks beautiful on.
Great as liner which has been my favorite way of using it this week.

Release is the weakest in the bunch but is great for a soft smokey eye and as a liner. It's buildable not really patchy, it's just faint.

Relapse is the star of this collection.
I absolutely LOVE this shade.
It's not the most pigmented shadow but it's so beautiful.
This whole collection is such a good set to spice up your daily looks. I've been using these to add a pop of colour in conjunction with my Kat Con D Shade + Light Eye Palette.

Chimera Liquid Lipstick in Unforgiven.
I love this shade.
It is really different on me, dries down completely to a powder feel which doesn't feel too dry or like your lips are going to crack.

Using all my new goodies, full details will be up on my Instagram @cynthiaiskillikill


All round happy with my first order.
I'm always happy to see vegan companies who make less traditional colours. I really hope their success continues and that I don't break more of their pretty things! 😂

No comments:

Post a Comment